Peermark is a system within Turnitin that enables you to distribute student submitted work back amongst the cohort for peer review. The students review work already submitted to an existing (or newly created) Turnitin assignment.
1. Allows anonymous peermarking using a set of questions set by the instructor. The questions can be rating (is this paper good/poor) on scale of 1-5, open text answers.
2. Good control over the distribution of the work amongst students. You can set how many scripts each student reviews. These can be randomly assigned by the system, chosen by the student. You can pre-assign students in pairs or exclude students from the process altogether.
3. Instructors can write a review of the student work themselves and comment on the reviews the students have undertaken.
4. Students can see reviews written by others on their work easily
5. Students can download reviews of their work.
1. As we re-use our courses year on year in the Biological Sciences undergraduate courses, the links to the peermark assignments will be lost at the end of each year
2. I can see no way to keep any of this work ‘offline’ after the fact (easily) for staff/ QA/ External examiners
If you would like to use Peermark please feel free to get in touch with me.